Job ID 1087
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Work Environment Hybrid
Are you looking to make an impact?
Relay, a Raleigh- based product company, is hiring for a Sales Development Representative.
Here at Relay, we’re looking to change the way we communicate. We’ve designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category — a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it — that is disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B enterprise clients and non-desk workers (hospitality, healthcare, education, golf, parks, sports, and more!)
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill VoIP app; we’ve achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities for them through our robust API Platform.
Relay has experienced exponential growth over the past several years, and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment is a must. We work in a hybrid model with flexibility and are based in Raleigh, NC in North Hills.
● Develop new Sales Qualified Leads
● Thorough exploration and tenacious investigative approach to uncover, identify and connect with key contacts at prospect companies
● Promote and present a professional engagement, position insightful content and apply strategic approach needed to generate interest among key players that results in a qualified meeting with Sales Reps
● High volume (50+ per day) of outbound calling and e-mails
● Manage prospect pipeline in organized manner and structure activity using a metrics driven mindset
● Sound knowledge and understanding of situational application of Relay products and solutions
● Close collaboration with Sales and Marketing team to constantly calibrate approach and strategy
● Creative and collective use of communication mediums to seek out and engage target customers and contacts. Social, Linkedin, E-mail, Telephone and in-person meetings
● Engage in face-to-face meetings with prospects and attend at key trade shows and events
● Flexible and adaptive. Ability to make quick connection with people and tailor conversation style and approach accordingly
● Professional, authentic and naturally conversational approach and persona
● Strong writing and presentation skills
● Persistent and positive attitude to propel high volume of strategic outbound activity
● Metrics driven mindset and with top of sales funnel milestone awareness
● Team player focused on achieving objectives and celebrating wins
● Leverage and pilot marketing automation tools
● Active listening and objection handling skills
● Pre-call / Pre-contact process. Ability to accurately analyze an individual or company and tailor a structured and cohesive contact approach and conversation strategy
● 1+ years experience and success in an outbound new customer acquisition role
● Proficient use of CRM and marketing automation tools (Salesforce, Zoho or Marketo are a +)
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It’s truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you’ll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer…
● 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
● Generous Paid Time Off
● 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
● Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
● Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym memberships, workout equipment and more.
● The latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role.