Job ID 2336
Work Environment Hybrid
The Account Manager will be responsible for Precision Fermentation’s customer relationships from initial contract thru end of life. The AM team is responsible for maintaining and growing customer relationships; the success of their efforts will largely determine how long a customer is a customer. This role will coordinate the customer onboarding and rollout, manage customer relationships through day-to-day contact with a heavy focus on; a) achieving full deployment of Precision Fermentation solutions to support revenue growth and b) ensuring a durable customer relationship, low/zero churn and infinite customer life.
Provide our customers a Single Point of Contact for (most) everything while helping to build confidence and trust with our clients: A good account manager will build strong relationships that increase customer loyalty:
- On-boarding: Our account manager will be the face of Precision Fermentation to the customer and will handhold customers through the deployment of BrewMonitor solutions, hardware and software.
- Educate to encourage full and rapid adoption: Educate the customer based on best practices to use the BrewMonitor System given their internal processes i.e. help our customers shape their use of BrewMonitor to be compatible to their requirements. AM will also share knowledge and help the customer develop their business – a huge step towards building a long-lasting relationship.
- Share customer leanings: Bring Precision Fermentation internal staff up to speed on how customers are using BrewMonitor to aid in the creation/evolution of best practices/ content to share with other customers
- Retain customers that get out on the ledge: Account managers will be our negotiators, bringing at-risk customers back into the fold. The value of that, compounded across an entire team, brings immense value to our company.
- Respond. Quickly. Quickly Route billing, fulfillment, technical and product issues to the right place. They will need good customer service skills and be able to quickly diagnose customer issues and route them accordingly.
Key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Manage customer relationships. Ensure smooth on-boarding and rollout within customers operations, educate customers and increase utilization, understand and help customers achieve objectives, drive customer revenue growth thru additional BrewMonitor sales to achieve revenue targets.
- Be the quarterback for the customer relationship – Understand the customer needs, requests, issues AND quickly solve them or route to the right team member to ensure timely resolution
- Understand and document the customer in CRM – learn who’s who and what their roles are, capture key metadata related to their infrastructure and operations (equipment, process, beverage types, etc.), understand their business requirements/ goals and document appropriately
- Perform analysis of customer operations by tracking campaign performance and network trends; use problem solving and analytical skills in order to determine the most effective means of increasing ROI.
- Build seriously GREAT customer relationships – get to know our customers and build trust thru knowledge of their operations and our product to establish yourself as a “go to” source
- Assist the sales team in closing new accounts by being involved in the sales process in anticipation of contract signing to ensure smooth transition from prospect to customer
- Know our product inside and out – Account managers MUST HAVE super strong product knowledge – AM must be able to efficiently demonstrate all aspects of BrewMonitor to the customer and map that to customers current processes. Customer growth won’t happen, and churn will increase if you are unable to help the customer get full value out of their BrewMonitor system. The customer might not even know what he or she is missing.
- An analytical ability to understand our customers’ brewing workflow and help them exploit the BrewMonitor solution/software.
- Good process skills and detail orientation – Managing the on-boarding/implementation will set the right expectations for our customers. With project management knowledge you know how the project can be adapted.
- Be technically astute
- AM must know when to route to support, engineering, etc.
- AND supply good directional input on bug fixes and feature requests.
- Be ROI minded – AM must live and breathe the ROI that BrewMonitor supplies to our customers. This will help align the value of customer(s) feature request against the actual value of fixing a bug and building/accelerating a new feature to help PFI make better decisions and eliminate doubt.
- Sales, account management or technical account management skills·
- Prior experience managing and/or building out account management team·
- Good process skills and detail orientation – Managing the on-boarding/implementation will set the right expectations for our customers.
- Track record of establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of customers and within PFI
- Excellent soft skills and customer communication skills – must be able to understand customer objectives/issues/requests and exchange information with others clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated analytical skills – understand and assess customer operational workflow, analyze business results and share with customer and internally as needed,
- Track record of thriving when the pressure is on – calmly and effectively meet deadlines when work speed and sustained accuracy are paramount
- Technical aptitude/astuteness and a passion for being a product junkie!!! AM must know when to route to support, engineering, etc. AND supply good directional input on bug fixes and feature requests.
- Financially orientated and solid understanding of ROI – AM must live and breathe the ROI that BrewMonitor supplies to our customers. This will help align the value of customer(s) feature requests against the actual value of fixing a bug and building/accelerating a new feature to help PFI make better decisions and eliminate doubt.
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint to analyze business results, generate reports, and build presentations
- Knowledge of brewing and/or fermentation processes and operations a plus but not required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, account management or technical account management role
- Experience with B2B technology or SaaS products (use, rollout, utilization)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Raleigh Durham or Atlanta preferred
Other/remote locations considered